Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Recently Read #1



2014 February Resolutions*:

READ
WRITE
EAT
PASS MASTERS
BREATHE

So today in class someone actually initiated conversation with me. I could feel myself turning bright red the whole time we were talking even though a) this boy was not attractive (to me at least sorry if you're reading this which you most definitely aren't) and b) I wasn't intimidated, so why I was so awkward is a mystery but there you go. I'm 24 and still an awkward turtle. Smooth-talking lawyer? Not quite there yet clearly.

I have gotten back into my reading groove this month and devoured two quick contemporary YA novels: Being Friends With Boys and Going Vintage. Both were light fun reads but I was left a bit disappointed. I felt they both rushed the ending and hurried the romance between the couples, not giving the reader enough lovey-dovey/hot steaming sexual tension scenes. I particularly like Going Vintage so if you're looking for something short with a cute premise then go for it!

I had a wee look at my woefully neglected goodreads account and have noticed how much contemporary YA romance novels I read last year. Can't seem to get away from that genre though as I just bought Fangirl for my Kindle so... oops...


*Because January consisted of eating leftover Christmas chocolates and I wasn't in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment